Pages

Friday, 22 January 2010

Leather and The Road

My cinema outfit. In the leading role a leather skirt bought in SH. Not everything can be seen on these pictures, like my long emerald earrings or that the stockings' seam is embroidered by golden needle.
I've heard about 'The Road' movie about 2 years ago. We didn't know any details, we didn't know who's going to perform. The movie is amazing and emotional. It's based on Cormac McCarthy’s novel which won Pulitzer Prize. It tells a story about a journey taken by an unnamed father (Viggo Mortensen) and his unnamed son (Kodi Smit-McPhee) across America ruined by an unknown cataclysm that destroyed civilization and most life on earth. I think myself what would I do if I were in the movie's characters shoes. Would I eat people or commit suicide to not end up in somebody's shady pantry? I wouldn't recommend it for kids because of some scenes. The story ends in the same mysterious, disturbing way and without easy answers like it starts. Viggo Mortensen should be at least nominated to the Oscars.
Here you can read an interview with John Hillcoat.

9 comments:

  1. I love your back seam stockings! Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tights! I've been wanting some like that for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely leather skirt! and love the seams

    ----
    Enter my jewelry giveaway!

    http://missneira.blogspot.com/2010/01/perpetual-anastasia-jewelry-giveway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute outfit :)

    love your blog! :)
    - Audrey Allure <3
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved those kind of stockings and . . . a gal can never go wrong in all black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for the comment, I love your total black, always trendy, a muaaa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Film tak samo nudny jak ten blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. anonymous - a ty jesteś tchórzem. i nie moja wina, że masz za mało szarych komórek, aby trafił do ciebie film. pewnie nawet nie widziałaś a tylko przeczytałaś recenzję w bravo. jesteś zazdrosną, pustą kobietą

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great leather skirt! Lucky you found one that fits so well on you!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete