Pages

Monday, 22 March 2010

Alice in Wonderland and Marshmallow Mermaid Pie recipe

Firstly, I finally remade the skirt I bought a few years ago. Originally it was below-knee long and I used to wear it at work. I really hate every skirt/dress which isn't over the knee but there was a strict dress code and I didn't have many work clothes. As you see I cut it dramatically and added stiff tulle underneath. It's now very airy and short and he likes it. It had its premier yesterday when we went to see Alice in Wonderland. It was windy in the evening and I had to hold it all the way from parking to the cinema. I also made a braid similar to what I've seen at Elie Saab Spring Haute Couture show. It'll be my favourite hairstyle of this season.


Secondly, I've learned how to make The Marshmallow Mermaid Pie. 'Waitress' movie is still one of my favourite. I was always thinking but never really did any pie from this film. I have now much more time and no excuses so I run through my recipes collection (yes - I used to hate cooking but I collect recipes) and choose the ones I want to try. I'm often surprised how easy it is and how less ingredients is needed.

Marshmallow Mermaid Pie

Ingredients:
9 graham crackers
1/2 C. sweetened, flaked coconut, toasted
5 Tbs. butter or margarine, melted
34 lg. marshmallows (8 oz.)
1/2 C. whole milk
1 1/2 C. heavy or whipping cream
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine coconut and graham crackers in food processor until coarse crumbs form.
2. Combine crumbs and butter with fork. Press to bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes and cool on wire rack.
3. Heat marshmallows and milk in 3-qt. saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat. Cool completely (30 minutes.)
4. In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold marshmallow mixture into whipped cream with grated chocolate. Spoon filling into cooled crust. Refrigerate pie at least 3 hours or overnight.
5. Top with mini marshmallows, maraschino cherries and rainbow sprinkles.


Here's a Quincy Jones song 'Baby Don't Cry' from Waitress. I love it:


Finally, I have to say something about Alice in Wonderland movie. I've heard so many negative comments about it but for me it's wonderful. Ask adults and they will always find a reason to complain. Ask children and they will be pleased. For me going to the cinema is like running to the other world. I can stay in the cinema for whole day and watch movie after movie. Alice in Wonderland is one I will be happy to come back to. It's magical and beautiful. I'd love to see it again and again.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I can't wait to see Alice in Wonderland.... I need to get my boyfriend to go with me. I love how the skirt looks now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. świetne rajstopy i kosmiczna spódnica :) chętnie uzyskała bym przepis na ciasto po polsku bo tłumaczenia bywają rożne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no i niezly kanal, taki słitaśny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. przepiękny naszyjnik z tym zegarkiem!

    http://mypointmystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete