Pages

Tuesday, 1 June 2010

New Dresses - 'My Sweet Prince' and 'Little Girl Blue'

I decided I'll name my dresses by the songs I listen while sewing. So these 2 I've named by Placebo's 'My Sweet Prince' and Janis Joplin's 'Little Girl Blue'. It's getting warmer and it's lovely outside so I have a lot of energy and head full of new ideas. I first thought how to use crochet hearts I've done at our weekly crochet meetings. They're small enough to sew them into a pockets and fit perfectly with a cream and floral fabric. This time I wanted to make something very sweet and special so I also cut out a heart at the back. I'm very happy with the result and am going to make more dresses of this kind. Similar dress with cut out heart could be seen at Luella's spring/summer 2010 collection. The second dress is blue and cream and floral. I think it'll be perfect for any season. The fabric reminds me of renaissance and old paintings. I kept it simple. I didn't want to make it too sweet. I've used cream crochet collar for the photoshots but somebody else can wear it with different accessories and create more edgy look.


'My Sweet Prince'

my sweet prince
my sweet prince
my sweet prince

'Little Girl Blue'

little girl blue
little girl blue
little girl blue
little girl blue

4 comments: