Pages

Sunday, 11 August 2013

DIY project - Indian dress into sleeveless top


When I saw this hand-made dress in a thrift shop, I immediately noticed the beautiful embroidery. The whole dress isn't really of my taste but I started to wander what could I use the embroidered part for. I was going to stitch it into one of my dresses and throw out the rest but my mum (or my sister) told me to use the whole lot. I paid only €1 for it and I consider it amazing bargain taking into consideration how much work someone had to put into the hand embroidering. 
Today I'll show what I did with the dress only, I haven't decided yet about the emboroidery.  

Gdy zobaczyłam tą ręcznie uszytą sukienke w lumpeksie, moją uwagę przykuł piękny haft wokół kolnierza i rękawów. Sukienka raczej  nie trafiła w mój gust, ale zaczęłam zastanawiać się, do czego mogłabym użyć obszycie. Miałam zamiar wykorzystać tylko tą część, a resztę wyrzucić, ale mama (a może siostrzyczka) przekonała mnie, abym użyła całość. Zapłaciłam za nią tylko 4zł, czyli prawie nic biorąc pod uwagę ile pracy ktoś włożył w ręczne wyszywanie.
Dziś pokażę tylko, co zrobiłam z sukienką, bo nie zdecydowałam jeszcze co z haftem.



First, I market where I'm going to cut making sure it's going to be far enough from the embroidery. When ready, I pinned along the lines and cut desired shape. Pinning was necessary as the dress has 2 layers and I wanted to be sure it'll be straight.

Zaznaczyłam kredą, gdzie miałam zamiar przeciąć sukienkę, upewniając się, że nie uszkodzę obszycia. Spiełam wszystko szpilkami i wycięłam pożądany kształt. Sukienka ma 2 warstwy i nie chciałam przeciąć ich krzywo.


Maybe I should have done it at the beginning, but I separated the embroidery only after cutting out the shape I wanted.

Być może powinnam była zrobić to na początku, ale dopiero na tym etapie oddzieliłam obszycie. 


Then I sawed along the lines with sawing machine. I pinned the top part leaving enough space for velvet tape I was going to use.

Zszyłam boki maszyną do szycia. Górę spięłam szpilkami zostawiając wystarczająco miejsca na aksamitną tasiemkę, która miałam zamiar użyć. 


Next I sawed the top part.

Następnie zszyłam górną część.



At the end I only had to pull the velvet tape through the space I left for it.

Na końcu przeciągnęłam aksamitną tasiemkę przez przestrzeń, którą dla niej zostawiłam.



That's how it looks like now. I can always change the tape to different colour or kind if I want to. I will show in some other post how it looks like on me.

Oto końcowy efekt. Zawsze mogę zmienić tasiemkę. W innym poście pokażę, jak wygląda na mnie.


The embroidery has to wait for some other DIY project.

A haft musi poczekać na inny projekt DIY.



The whole cost: €2 (adding cost of the velvet tape)

Cały koszt: 8zł (dodając koszt aksamitnej taśmy, w Polsce pewnie jeszcze tańszej)



7 comments:

  1. Świetny blog, bardzo inspirujący.
    www.kashmirinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Świetnie przerobiłaś bluzeczkę!! A co do haftów na pewno wymyślisz coś twórczego;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great refashion! I love that you saved the embroidery for another project. It is so pretty, and I know you'll have fun creating something with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. przed też wygldała bardzo efektowanie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome innovation with Designer Kurtis ...loved the post !!

    ReplyDelete